Attend the 3 Day Deposit, BSA and Account Opening Update and Review Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on February 23rd, 24th and 25th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
On day one, streaming attendees will learn about the regulatory changes affecting the deposit side of your financial institution in 2021. Regulations D, E, CC, DD and other miscellaneous regulatory issues will be covered.
On day two, we will cover all facets of BSA. From the COVID 19 fraud and FinCEN advisories that are keeping us busy with SAR filing requirements. To Currency Transaction rules on businesses that are still pending to the many changes in the transaction monitoring area. Plus, you can only imagine the challenges institutions are having with online account opening and identification processes as we change our Customer Identification Programs to open accounts when we are not face to face. Its going to be a big, busy year with many new types of customer services, fraud and CIP Procedures.
Day three will cover new account procedures and will develop you into the exceptional new account representative that your institution needs or help you write the procedures your institution needs. You will receive a new account manual template that is over 600 pages of tips on how to run Customer Identification Program and Customer Due Diligence on over 40 accounts. Plus you will receive checklists, matrixes and other tools to help you develop your own tailored new account process.
The "3 Day Deposit, BSA and Account Opening Update and Review Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming" has been approved for 21 CAMS credits. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Users must connect to the streaming individually and enter their name and email for reporting purposes. Accreditation is valid for one year from the date of the event. To receive a certificate, email Streaming@OnCourseLearning.com.
Day 1: 2021 Deposit Regulatory Update and Review - Tuesday, February 23rd
- 10 Hot Spots on Overdraft Programs
- Where are we on complaint management?
- What are some key point for developing an online program?
- Regulation CC Holds
- Check scams and UCC 3 and 4 facts you need to know
- Regulation E unauthorized transactions
- Changing products and Regulation DD requirements
- What happened to savings accounts and NOW accounts?
- New Accounts disclosures
- Recent sanctions and fines and what we can learn
- Insurance issues and challenges
- Developing a new account process to accomplish all the federal regulatory requirements
- CP 2100 and TIN Match Issues
- Anything new happening at the federal level
Day 2: BSA Officer and Staff Annual Update and Review - Wednesday, February 24th
- National Defense Authorization Act—BSA Implications for Beneficial Ownership, CTRs and SARs
- Managing risk assessments, internal controls, audit and training
- Beneficial ownership issues and changes
- Customer Identification Program and Customer Due Diligence
- SAR Reporting and Decision Making
- Currency Transaction Reporting
- 314 A and 314 B
- Funds Transfers and Monetary Instrument Rules
- COVID 19 Fraud
- Virtual Currency Issues
- Geographic issues
- Cyber Crimes, Elder Fraud, Human Trafficking and Human Smuggling
- Challenges when you open accounts online
Day 3: Opening 40 Types of Deposit Accounts: CIP, Documentation, Procedures and More! - Thursday, February 25th
- From Birth to death on 40 accounts
- Types of identification that are acceptable
- Issues with the military ID copies
- Issues with online opening identification images
- Nonresident alien issues on interest bearing accounts
- What regulations disclosures go to what type of accounts
- Writing your procedures, checklists, matrix for your state and your institution
- Personal Accounts
- Power of Attorney
- Agents, Convenience signers, authorized signers
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Accounts, joint accounts with minors, PODs to minors
- Social Security and VA Accounts
- Death and Estates
- Tricky issues on formal trusts
- Business Accounts
- IOLTAs, Agents, 1031 Exchange
- Nonprofits, charities, and benefit accounts
Training Day Agenda (Subject to Change)
- 9:00-10:15am - Content followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A
- 10:30-12:00pm - Content followed by a 45 minute lunch break and Q&A
- 1:00-2:15pm - Content followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A
- 2:30-4:00pm - Remaining content and final Q&A
Who Should Attend?
BSA Officers and Staff, Bank Management and Board of Directors, Deposit Compliance Officers and support staff, Deposit Operations, Deposit Training, Personal Bankers, Customer Service Representatives, Management and Deposit Staff, Deposit Operations, Deposit Compliance, Deposit Training, Customer Service Representatives, Branch Managers, Personal Bankers, and Lenders. Virtually anyone at your institution!
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.