The safe deposit operation is a unique, fast-changing service in the financial industry. It is the only product or service in which members of your staff do not know the value of a consumer's assets. As a result, every vault transaction can lead to considerable liability. Effective procedures and sound daily practices can counteract and minimize this risk. This seminar covers the "nuts and bolts" and the recommended day-to-day operating procedures for your institution.
Dave McGuinn, a nationally recognized expert in the safe deposit area, will provide clear, concise answers to all the basic or complicated questions regarding your institution's responsibility, liability and daily operating procedures. In addition, you will receive information about many current lawsuits and other nationwide horror stories.
What You Will Learn:
Obtain answers to these questions and more to establish you own internal procedures.
- Why should renters be provided with a "No Insurance" disclosure form?
- Who should handle the renter's key and container during a box access?
- What tools (purchased on EBAY) can open a renter's safe deposit box?
- What ten items must be included in a "New Safe Deposit Renter's Kit"?
- What liability exists if access is allowed "before or after" lobby hours?
- What five types of identification are needed on every new box rental?
- Why must safe deposit keys be maintained under strict dual control?
- What ten steps must be followed when granting access to a box?
- What ten steps must be performed when a renter closes a box?
- What are the four most important key control procedures?
- What are the four different styles of box rental contracts?
Who Should Attend?
This informative program will benefit safe deposit supervisors, full time or relief vault attendants, auditors, or any employee who works in the safe deposit area.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.