Do you know what changes the CFPB has brought to Fair Lending with a focus on "data driven" information and consumer complaints? Has your regulator issued any recent enforcement actions? How will your institution be evaluated in the next Fair Lending exam? Could you be targeted for a "special" Fair Lending review as an "outlier bank" based on HMDA data or "proxy" information? Learn how Fair Lending will be evaluated differently than ever before.
Learn about the most current "red flags" identified by regulators in conducting Fair Lending exams. You can avoid many of these pitfalls by developing simple internal controls as part of an effective compliance management system. Learn how to monitor exceptions to policies and procedures.
- What does the required "ability to repay" documentation show about how your financial institution makes, prices, and documents a lending decisions?
- What should you know about the interagency Fair Lending examination procedures used by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve?
- There are the six compliance program risk factors in Fair Lending. What can you do to mitigate this risk and prevent being a high risk institution?
- How can an effective internal Fair Lending review help detect problems before the examiners arrive?
- Are there any potential Fair Lending issues in the way that your financial institution is handling loan servicing and the collection process?
- Do your servicing and collection procedures address concerns about SCRA violations and the special protections available to active duty service members?
- The Department of Justice recently announced several enforcement actions based on discriminatory treatment on the basis of disabilities, national origin, race, and marital status. Several lenders have been sanctioned for mistreatment of applicants on maternity leave
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit Loan Officers, Underwriters, Collectors, Compliance Officers, Auditors, Credit Administrators, Risk Managers, Fair Lending Officers, and Senior Management.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.