In this comprehensive live webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you how to create resilient and dynamic budget spreadsheets. David demonstrates techniques and Excel features and functions that enable you to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, transform filtering tasks, preserve key formulas, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Employing the SUMIF function to add up values related to multiple instances of criteria that you specify.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Comparing and contrasting IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learning which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify the Excel command that allows you to streamline formula writing.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations.
"There webinar is packed with a lot of great information. The presentation is excellent - detailed and comprehensive. I'm glad we also purchased the 6 month "on-demand" access. I'll need to work with some of these functions for a few weeks and then go back and listen again to make sure I fully understand them." -- Wendy Reiter, VP & Controller, The Bank of Canton
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.