If you’ve never worked with Excel spreadsheets or haven’t in several years, this webcast is designed just for you. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data. David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create, explains Excel’s rows and columns grid, demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list, shares keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
What You Will Learn
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Getting a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Mastering Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Minimizing effort in Excel by only selecting cells when necessary.
- Separating first/last names into two columns without using formulas or retyping.
- Getting an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Using Text to Columns in any version of Excel to quickly separate city, state, and ZIP code into separate columns.
- Managing cumbersome lists of data using the Table feature.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Identifying duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who wish to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
"I was not sure what to expect but David was an excellent presenter and made a complicated topic easy to understand. Job well done!" -- Gail Williams, Vice President, CRA Officer, Union Savings Bank
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.