In this comprehensive webinar, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you how many Excel functions and features can be used to create adaptable and easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets. David explains how to separate inputs from calculations, build out a separate calculations spreadsheet, create both an operating and a cash flow budget, transform filtering tasks, preserve key formulas, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Employing the SUMIF function to add up values related to multiple instances of criteria that you specify.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Comparing and contrasting IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learning which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations.
"The webinar is packed with a lot of great information. The presentation is excellent - detailed and comprehensive. I'm glad we also purchased the 6 month "on-demand" access. I'll need to work with some of these functions for a few weeks and then go back and listen again to make sure I fully understand them." -- Wendy Reiter, VP & Controller, The Bank of Canton
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.