The Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued an interim final rule to amend the Reporting, Procedures and Penalties Regulations (the Regulations) to provide updated instructions and incorporate new requirements for parties filing reports on blocked property, unblocked property, or rejected transactions. In addition, OFAC is revising the licensing procedures section of the Regulations to include information regarding OFAC’s electronic license application procedures and to provide additional instructions regarding applications for the release of blocked funds. OFAC also is clarifying the rules governing the availability of information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) for information that is submitted to OFAC pursuant to the Regulations. Finally, OFAC is making numerous technical and conforming edits throughout the Regulations.
- Revised reports for initial blocking reports
- Revised annual reports of blocked property
- New requirement for submitters of annual reports of blocked property who maintain blocked funds in omnibus accounts
- Revised reports for blocked transactions
- Clarify the rules regarding the availability of information, under the FOIA
- Revised forms for rejected transactions
- Revised licensing procedures and forms
- Revised Framework for OFAC compliance
Who Should Attend?
OFAC Officers, OFAC Staff, Compliance, IT Staff, BSA Personnel, Operations.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.