Attend the IRA Basic Issues Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on November 13th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
Have you ever noticed sometimes when the IRA Guru leaves the financial institution it is without notice or training for a replacement?! On the first day of training, you feel like someone placed you on a crazy merry-go-round and you can't jump off. In other words, you have NO IDEA where to go or what they are talking about. Everything just sounds foreign to you. It's true. IRAs are a different world from the other accounts at your financial institution. Oh, they may look similar, but the rules, regulations and IRS reporting build the complications to the point where you feel like you are on falling off of a cliff!! And, just when you finally find your footing, they change the rules again!
While it may take years to build a confidence level where you can answer almost any question thrown your way, the goal of these two days is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience. Each attendee of either or both days of Live Streaming will be able to download or print one copy of the Sunwest Training Corp IRA Training and Reference manual. This valuable tool is also known as the "IRA Red Book" across the country.
On day one you learn the following:
- Understanding the Top 20 Basic Terms of IRAs.
- Next we will review the most commonly used forms to create and complete IRA transactions.
-Since this is not vendor-form-specific, please have a copy of your financial institution’s IRA Application form, Contribution Form, Distribution Form and Rollover Review or Rollover Certification Form for review during the session, as well as any other forms you may have questions on.
- As the day goes on, you will pick up knowledge of the IRA plan types, Traditional, Roth and SEP.
- IRA Terminology – Top 20 Terms
- Explanation of IRA Forms (Not Forms Specific – (Please bring your own forms including Application, Contribution form, Distribution, Rollover Review or Certification and any other commonly used forms)
- Beneficiary Designations including Primary and Contingent, Trusts and Estates
- Qualifications, New 2019 Contribution Limits and other new regulations for a:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth and Conversion Roth
- SEP IRAs contributions and IRS reporting
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are newly involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of IRAs. Any officer/manager who "oversees" the IRA department and may be responsible for answering IRA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open IRA accounts. Experienced IRA Personnel who like a slower pace workshop to cover all the new changes in a comprehensive manner.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.