Attend the IRA Advanced Issues Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on August 26th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
If I said "What a year!!!" that would be a huge understatement regarding all the world changes – including the IRA World! The SECURE Act that was signed into law at the end of 2019 became effective on January 1, 2020 bringing lots of changes to IRAs – some good and some not-so-good. Then "Covid-19" totally changed our "normal" to the "What the Heck???" In March 2020 the CARES Act was signed into law to give everyone financial relief due to the stock market going down and the unemployment going up.
If you are a seasoned IRA professional and have a higher level of experience this program will catch you up on all the new changes in the past year. You will also receive your favorite "tool" - the 275-page 2020-2021 Sunwest Training Corp’s IRA Training and Reference Manual to download and print one copy per paid attendee - which is not only full of easy-to-follow IRA information, but also lots of "Cheat Sheets" and "Quick Reference Tools" to get you through your day-to-day tasks of dealing with your IRA customers.
On day two you learn the following:
- On the second day of climbing, we will nail down the use of the proper terminology of "Rollover" vs. "Transfer" when moving money from an employer plan to an IRA and from an IRA to an IRA – and the consequences if we don’t know the difference.
- Health Savings Accounts – What’s our job and what’s the customer’s responsibility?
- NEW How to report late contributions for last year and repayments of money withdrawn due to Covid-related situations.
- And finally, you will better-learn and comprehend the complicated areas of IRA Distributions to owners and new payout options for IRA beneficiaries and IRS reporting for late rollovers and repayments, resulting in a better picture of this complicated topic.
- Updated legislative regulations on IRAs as the result of passed and enacted laws including the SECURE and CARES Act and the 2020 Cost of Living Adjustments
- Health Savings Accounts – overview and clarifying responsibility
- Qualified Plan Rollovers to a Traditional or Roth IRA – 6 Red Flags
- Direct vs. Indirect
- IRA to IRA Indirect Rollovers and Direct Transfers – Once-per-12-month rule clarifications and recent rules on 60 day exceptions and reporting
- Federal Income Tax Withholding
- Before age 59½ - penalty exception coding
- At age 70½ including mandatory notices – Waiver of 2020 RMDs
- 9 Biggest Mistakes of IRA Beneficiary Payouts
- Overview and Explanation of IRS Reporting Requirements
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are newly involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of IRAs. Any officer/manager who "oversees" the IRA department and may be responsible for answering IRA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open IRA accounts. Experienced IRA Personnel who like a slower pace workshop to cover all the new changes in a comprehensive manner.
"Patrice Konarik is extremely knowledgeable regarding IRAs. She took complicated scenarios and explained in a simple, straightforward way why IRA transactions were processed a certain way and the consequences of doing them incorrectly. Her combination of humor and knowledge, made this training both informative and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is wanting to increase their IRA knowledge." -- Leslie Diaz, Relationship Banking Manager, Crossfirst Bank
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.