Attend the 2 Day Deposit and BSA Update Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on September 16th and 17th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
On day one, streaming attendees will learn about the regulatory changes affecting the deposit side of your financial institution in 2020. These changes began in 2019 and many will be implemented in 2020. You won't want to miss what's hot and what to focus on for your examination this year.
On day two, we will focus on the role of BSA and AML in your financial institution. We will cover the hot spots in examinations as well as some of the core sections in the examination process. Attendees will learn how to manage their program, develop and manage risk assessments and stay up to date on compliance with SAR activity. You won't want to miss this opportunity to get your annual training for the BSA staff and teams at your financial institution.
The "2 Day Annual Deposit and BSA Update and Review Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming" has been approved for 14 CAMS credits. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Users must connect to the streaming individually and enter their name and email for reporting purposes. Accreditation is valid for one year from the date of the event. To receive a certificate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The topics covered for each day are as follows:
Day 1: Deposit Regulatory Update and Review - Wednesday, September 16th, 2020
- Overdraft Programs—The Good, Bad and Ugly on your program
- Managing Time Deposits and Savings Accounts—old ways which cause problems
- Implementing Regulation CC
- Error Resolution and Regulation E
- Bill pay and checks mailed with confusing dates
- Truth In Savings and UDAAP
- Why are banks taking losses on fiduciary accounts?
- What disclosures go with what deposit ownership types?
- Changes on joint account insurance—what does it really mean?
- Online account opening
- Check fraud and how to help your tellers
- IRA Changes and struggles
- And much, much more…
Day 2: BSA Officer and Staff Annual Update and Review - Thursday, September 17th, 2020
- BSA Program Expectations and Requirements—What’s new
- CIP/KYC/BO (including CDD, and High-Risk Customers (EDD)
- Breaking news on BO – where are we now?
- Foreign Customers
- CTR reporting—new rules pending
- Including FinCEN Multiple Part I’s Revision
- Detecting and reporting suspicious activity (SARs)
- Including SAR Confidentiality
- Financial Exploitation of the Elderly
- Human Smuggling and Human Trafficking
- Cannabis Related Business (CBD, Hemp, Marijuana)
- Direct vs Indirect
- BSA Findings, Examiner Trends and Emerging Risks
- Peoples First Bank Consent Order – Lessons Learned
- Crypto/ePayments/Digital Payments/Biometrics
- Money Mules
- Updated FFIEC Manual
- OFAC (Sanctions, Fines, Solid Monitoring Programs)
Who Should Attend?
BSA Officers, Security Officers, Compliance and BSA Staff, Deposit Operations, Deposit Services, Branch Administration, New Accounts, Branch Managers, Training and Call Center Staff will all benefit from attending part or all of this two day event.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.