This program covers important legal issues and concepts which must be understood and consistently applied to enforce the Bank’s liens and other legal rights, avoid litigation and better serve customers. The goal is to provide an opportunity to learn or confirm your understanding of a variety of legal issues lending personnel deal with daily.
- Loan Documents as Contracts
- Purpose and Structure of Loan Agreements, Security Agreements, Borrowing Base Certificates and Other Loan Documents
- The rules of Offset/Setoff
- Course of Dealing: Defaults and Waivers
- Priority of Liens and Payment
- Due Authorization: Legal Entities & Signature Requirements
- UCC Filings: Best Practices and Common Errors
- Guaranties: Requirements, Rights and Risks
- How Your Rights Change in Bankruptcy: Special Issues for Banks
- Care and Keeping of Collateral in the Possession of the Bank
- Avoiding Conduct that Leads to Litigation
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for lenders, their support staff and loan quality personnel at all levels.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.