Attend the Fair Lending, CRA and FCRA Seminar from the convenience of your own office or home via Live Streaming Video as it happens on Thursday, December 10th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
As long as you are in banking and making loans, fair lending issues are here to stay. Although cases of overt discrimination are few and far apart, disparate treatment or disparate impact can often happen inadvertently. Examiners are expecting you to conduct some degree of comparative file review in order to ascertain any possible fair lending issues or problems. And you certainly want to discover if such a problem exists well before any examiner does! Awareness, monitoring and a periodic comparative file review can lessen the possibility of adverse issues arising in your institution. We will walk you through the steps of a comparative file review and also provide tools to make it all easier for you, such as worksheets and a sample report format
Community Reinvestment Act
Receiving a strong, solid Satisfactory CRA rating is important to you, but it's also important to Senior Management and the Board. CRA exams are not a "walk in the park". So how do you ensure that you are doing enough to not only cover the technical requirements but to have a solid CRA program bank-wide? That’s the purpose of this session……no matter if you are a small bank, intermediate small bank or a large bank, we will cover the CRA exam handbook that they utilize. We will first cover the areas that are important to all-sized banks and then discuss those areas pertinent just to intermediate and large banks. We will also review best practices for documenting the efforts you have taken during the recent pandemic to ensure your bank receives credit for all you have done to assist your communities.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
Detailed review of your responsibilities under the FACT Act Furnisher Rules, including how to handle direct disputes. We will discuss key components to ensure your policies and procedures effectively support your program, including addressing the use of medical information when making credit or employment decisions and adverse action requirements. Tools to aid you in reviewing your program as well as ideas to help train your staff will be provided.
The "Fair Lending, CRA and FCRA Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming" has been approved for 7 CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. To receive a certificate, email Streaming@ttsTrain.com. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
- Understand how inadvertent discrimination can occur (disparate treatment and/or disparate impact)
- Conduct a comparative file review that will pass mustard with your examiners
- Coverage of strategies to strengthen your CRA program, no matter what your asset size.
- How to conduct a self-assessment of your bank's efforts for CRA
- Geo-coding tools and how to analyze your bank's lending patterns
- When users are deemed to have a permissible purpose to pull credit
- Handling disputes of information reported to a CRA
- Appropriately responding to consumer report alerts
- Furnisher responsibilities under FCRA
Training Day Agenda (Subject to change)
9:00 am - 10:30 am CT (Followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A)
- Fair Lending Awareness-understanding how inadvertent discrimination can occur
- Conducting a Comparative File Review that can streamline your next exam
10:45 am - 12:00 pm CT (Followed by a 60 minute lunch break and Q&A)
- Understanding Adverse Action-Technical requirements, completion issues, fair lending implications and examiner hot spots
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CT (Followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A)
- Review of your responsibilities under the FACT Act Furnisher Rules
- Discussion of key components to ensure your policies and procedures effectively support your program
2:45 pm - 4:00 pm CT (Followed by Q&A and session wrap up)
- CRA Exam Handbook Review
- Best practices for documenting during this recent pandemic
- Overview of New regulation coming soon!
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for CRA Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Operations Staff, Compliance Officers and Auditors.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.