Attend the Regulation Z - Truth in Lending Seminar from the convenience of your own office or home via Live Streaming Video as it happens on Wednesday, February 3rd (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
Believe it or not, Reg. Z is over 50 years old! And yet it still proves to be one of the most complex (if not the most complex) regulation to follow. While its original purpose was to provide uniform disclosures of consumer credit transactions, over the years it's come to cover many other aspects of consumer lending, such as lender compensation, UDAP, appraisals, restrictions and protections, servicing, and more. And after Dodd-Frank, we have TRID and the ATR/QM mortgage rules to contend with. And things continue to change, including new QM categories in 2021.
This full-day streaming session will provide an in-depth look at all things Reg. Z. We’ll review closed- and open-end credit, the intricate mortgage and credit card rules, and so much more. We'll emphasize what’s problematic within the rules, and discuss what's changed lately. Many examples will be provided, and ample time for Q&A will be available. Whether it's your first exposure to Reg. Z or you’re a hardened veteran, there's much to learn and review.
This is part one of a two part series. Find complete series information Here: 2 Day Truth in Lending, Appraisal, RESPA, and MLA/SCRA Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming
The "Regulation Z - Truth in Lending Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming" has been approved for 7 CAMS credits. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Users must connect to the streaming individually and enter their name and email for reporting purposes. Accreditation is valid for one year from the date of the event. To receive a certificate, email Streaming@OnCourseLearning.com.
The "Regulation Z - Truth in Lending Seminar OnDemand with Live Streaming" has been approved for 6.75 CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. To receive a certificate, email Streaming@OnCourseLearning.com. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
- Coverage rules for all Reg. Z-covered extensions of credit
- Definitions – these are crucial to understanding what aspects of Reg. Z cover which loans and lines of credit
- Consumer purpose vs. business purpose
- Exceptions to coverage exemptions
- Differences between closed- and open-end credit
- In-depth exploration of finance charge and APR disclosures
- Disclosure rules – format, timing, and provision (including E-Sign)
- Change in Terms notices
- Personal Education Loans (PELs) – special rules
- The many types of mortgage rules – from ATR/QM, TRID, ARMs, HPMLs, and HOEPA
- Special discussion of TRID and its many complications
- New categories of QMs for 2021
- HPML requirements – underwriting, escrows, and appraisals for High-Risk Mortgage (HRM) loans
- Appraisal rules for all Reg. Z mortgage loans
- Loan originator compensation
- Right of rescission – easy to get wrong
- Open-ended credit provisions and disclosures
- Periodic statements
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) rules and disclosures
- Credit card provisions (from the CARD Act and others)
- Servicing of credit lines
Training Day Agenda (Subject to change)
9:00 am - 10:30 am CT (Followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A)
10:45 am - 12:00 pm CT (Followed by a 60 minute lunch break and Q&A)
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CT (Followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A)
2:45 pm - 4:00 pm CT (Followed by Q&A and session wrap up)
Who Should Attend?
Loan officers, lenders, compliance officers, auditors, underwriters, loan support staff, appraisers, closing agents, management, and many others will benefit from this event!
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.