It’s 2021 and the examiners are expected next month. Will your financial institution pass the test?
This program is designed to provide an update and the steps needed to complete an overdraft service checkup on your program before examiners arrive. Whether your system is automated or ad hoc, there are some themes and specifics examiners will target this year. Join us for a look at litigation, federal laws, state law issues, and other overdraft “hotspots” in this regulatory environment. It continues to be shifting sand.
- Understanding the regulations, the guidance and the regulatory environment
- Authorize Positive/Settle Negative
- What are good funds?
- Average Balance/ledge balance
- Fee per item per time
- Lawsuits--See, e.g., Lloyd v. Navy Fed. Credit Union,
- Your ODP program and whether it will pass the test—checklist for exams
- Regulation E, Reg DD and State Laws
- Examination “hot spots” and how the rules are being interpreted
- Law suits around the country and how financial institutions are being targeted for unfair trade
- Your policy, procedures, fees in 2021
- Fair or unfair trade? A look at the federal and potential state issues
- Frequently asked questions about overdraft programs
- Why fees have to be consistent
- And much, much more…
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for the compliance area, deposit operations and management who are responsible for implementing a fair and compliant Overdraft Program.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.