While most regulations provide detailed requirements, The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act says only that financial institutions cannot “engage in any unfair, deceptive or abusive act or practice.” UDAAP impacts every facet of your institution's operations. Is your UDAAP compliance program ready for your next examiner visit?
The CFPB Examination Manual discusses the importance of the Consumer Complaint process within the UDAAP (Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices) section. As we are all aware, UDAAPs can cause significant financial injury to consumers, erode consumer confidence, and undermine the financial marketplace. Bottom line…we all want to stay aware from any UDAAP issues!
Consumer complaints play a key role in the detection of potential UDAAPs and are an essential source of information for examinations, enforcement and rule-making for regulators. They are also a red flag as they have the potential to identify weaknesses in your compliance management system, such as training, internal controls or monitoring. Don’t miss this jam-packed session where we will review best practices, procedures and provide tools to strengthen your UDAAP compliance program!
- UDAAP and Consumer Complaint Policy language
- Examples of unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices and how to avoid similar occurrences at your institution
- Review of guidelines to govern your fee waivers for both deposit and loan products
- Defining and training your staff on consumer complaints
- Tracking, responding to and reporting consumer complaints to the Board
- Tools you can utilize to strengthen and support your UDAAP compliance program
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Compliance Officers, Branch Managers and Internal Auditors.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.