It seems like the question of the legality of banking cannabis businesses has gone on forever, but it is a complex topic. With the expanding legality on the state level (although of various degrees), is now the time for your institution to jump into the fray? This webinar will discuss the current state of affairs regarding cannabis banking, including hemp production.
We’ll talk about potential federal legislation and its chances. What will this mean? Will it be full legalization across the country or something lesser? What are the risks if you operate in multiple states? How will regulators treat these types of activities and what are the expectations from an AML standpoint? And do bankers need to turn into biochemists to figure all this out? We’ll provide the current lay of the land so every institution can make an educated decision on what it wants to do and how to plan.
The "State of Cannabis Banking in 2021 – Is This the Year for Full Legalization?" webinar has been approved for 2.5 CERP, CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
- The current state of banking MRBs (Marijuana-Related Businesses)
- State legislation and legalization
- Different styles of legalization – it’s not all the same
- FinCEN and DOJ guidance – from the Cole memo to more recent guidance
- Completing SARs for cannabis activities
- Various federal legislation proposed over the years, and how it might impact future legalization
- Hemp guidance from the agencies
- USDA rules of hemp production
- How all this impacts your institution and important decisions to make
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended to anyone involved in the complicated decision to participate in the rapidly-growing cannabis industry. From Boards of directors to executive management, to compliance and risk professionals to attorneys, anyone seeking the current state of affairs on the legalization of cannabis banking activities will benefit from this session.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.