The banking agencies recently issued proposed guidance on managing the risks of third-party relationships that will replace existing guidance. Vendor management has been an important issue for a long time, but it is apparent that the expectations will be increasing, no matter in what form the proposed guidance is finalized. The rise of fintech companies and their participation in the banking industry has changed the landscape of risk in important ways, and financial institutions need to adapt.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss the proposed guidance and what these new expectations are, and how to best improve your vendor management program to implement the changes and expectations. We’ll also go over the elements of a successful vendor management program in any institution, from vendor selection to monitoring.
The "Vendor Management – Agencies Raising Expectations" webinar has been approved for 2.5 CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
- New proposed third-party management guidance from the agencies – what to expect and what this tells us
- Managing relationships with financial technology (fintech) firms
- Developing and maintaining risk management policies and programs regarding third-party relationships
- Oversight of third-party activities
- Contract negotiation and management
- Ongoing monitoring
- Identification of significant vendor relationships – what does this mean and what are the covered activities?
- Vendors’ ability to comply with applicable law and regulations
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended to anyone involved in the vendor management/third-party risk process, from compliance and risk management professionals, to counsel, management and even directors.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.