As long as you are making loans, fair lending concerns are here to stay. Although cases of overt discrimination are few and far apart, disparate treatment can often happen inadvertently. Awareness, monitoring and a periodic comparative file review can lessen the possibility of adverse issues arising in your institution. Join us for this informative session.
We will start with reviewing the types of lending discrimination and provide examples to enhance your understanding of these critical terms. Another critical component of understanding potential fair lending issues is includes the discussion of redlining. Then we will walk you through the steps of a comparative file review and also provide tools to make it all easier for you, such as worksheets and a sample report format.
The discussion regarding fair lending issues will be a great refresher for all of your mortgage loan originators.
- Types of discrimination: overt, disparate treatment, disparate impact
- Understand how inadvertent discrimination can occur (disparate treatment and/or disparate impact)
- Explanation of redlining
- How to conduct a comparative file review
- Self-identify any problems related to your lending policies and processes that could in any way be construed as a fair lending or redlining issue
- Be certain your fair lending related policies are strong
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is directed to Compliance Officers as well as Loan Officers (commercial and consumer), all loan support personnel and Auditors. And because the Board and Management are ultimately responsible for your fair lending standards, they would also benefit from this timely session.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.